There might be instances where you might feel that your presence is not acknowledged by people around you and though you are surrounded by people all the time, not everybody enjoys your company. People tend to change ways when they see you coming or when you enter a bunch of people you feel that they changed their talks because of your presence. Now, there can be many reasons which make you unpopular among people. But you do not have to feel shattered because the points mentioned below will definitely help you make other people like you.
- Stop being an Orator: People do not like to be around people who try to preach to others and always comes with a speech when they meet. This makes them feel that you are more bothered about making other people know what you want to convey rather than saying what they actually want to hear. So you have to be sure that you do not get all bossy and controlling when you interact with others.
- Be attentive: If you are around people and are having a conversation, it is really important for you to be absolutely attentive while they are speaking with you. The other person will get to know by your behavior whether you are actually listening to him or not. So it is important that every once in a while you give your views or ask a question so that the other person could count on you and ultimately start liking you.
- Give a chance to speak: No one likes it if they do not get a chance to speak while in a conversation. Now imagine that you are the one who speaks a lot, is not given a chance to speak yourself. How would you feel? Obviously not good right? Therefore it is necessary that even if you have loads of stories to tell, you should also give the other person his chance.
- No need to flatter: Just because you want someone to like you does not mean that you need to impress them by your words. If you are genuine enough you will get their attention. Your flattering techniques will only make you an object of ridicule in their opinion, and they would mock you behind your back when they are with others. So you should always avoid unnecessary praise which might not even true.
- Learn to empathize: It would really be difficult for you to understand someone unless you put yourself in their shoes. Everyone likes to talk to someone who understands them as no one. They like to converse with them and share their problems because they feel that the person really can feel what they are going through. This makes you more likable and people would love to have a chat with you.
- Be polite: No one likes to hang out with people who brag about their wealth or achievements. It also becomes difficult to be around such people. Everyone remembers the person who is humble and polite. Arrogance will lead you nowhere. It is better to be polite and humble with others so that they can have fun being around you.
- Socialize more: Whenever you meet a new person, try to talk to them and make them feel your presence. This will help them to know that you are not someone who stays in their own shell but who comes out of it to initiate a conversation. This will show your interest to know more about them which will help them in making a good opinion of you.
- Pick up casual talks: You must have noticed sometimes that there are people who will come to you in times of need but on other days they simply will ignore you. Now you do not want to be someone like them, right? So it is always better to pick up casual talks with people you know so that they can feel that they have you when they need you. This makes them feel the love that you have to offer and they can feel a sense of belonging.