Don’t say YES when you want to say NO as saying 'No' is important for a healthy life.
Sometimes we all have to do things we don’t want to do, that are just part of life. But so many people agree to do things they do not even have to do. And sometimes these things are big, like people accepting promotions or jobs they don't want, marrying people they feel unsure about, and having children before they're ready. The truth is, for many of us, saying "no" is hard! Have you also ever come across with the tension associated with saying NO to anyone? We want others to like us and accept us; we want to show up for them, meet their expectations, and please them. Therefore it is very important for everyone to know the art of saying NO. The problem is that saying Yes to one thing, ultimately is the same as saying-No to another. Saying Yes actually limits your options more than saying No.
Do you really think that it is very difficult to say no? Honoring yourself is the most important thing.
It's true that sometimes saying "no" will hurt someone else's feelings—you may even disappoint someone you admire. But you are also fostering resentment and regret when you don't honor yourself and your needs. This leads you to be even more critical of yourself and spirals into negative self-talk, which can lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression. Unfortunately, many of us feel as though we are letting our friends or closed ones down when we say NO. This is an attitude, which needs to change. Think about the situation. Are you OK with them outing their own needs first saying-NO where they feel it is necessary?
Females should be taught how to say no, as their safety is in their hands only. There are times when become get confused about, how do you say no politely? What does it mean to say no? How can you learn to say no? How do you say no in a difficult situation? All these types of questions lead to confusion and stress in one’s mind, the real importance of saying NO lies in putting yourself first. Knowing what is important to you and understanding that you have the right to live your best life. So here we are with the importance of saying no which everyone must keep in mind.
Importance of saying NO
1. Decrease the pressure in a relationship and work - at the time you decide to say NO in a situation, it gradually decreases the pressure in your relationship with the other person or at your work too. It helps you to feel good and free from any kind of burden or responsibility you don’t want to take and provides you with mental peace. By saying No you set boundaries. You can also have a healthy relationship in your personal as well as at the workplace by saying things straightforwardly to your partner, co-workers, family members, or any other person out there.
2. You can prioritize your time- When you know your priority list then you can easily schedule your things accordingly thereby reducing unnecessary hustle and then you can give or spend your quality time on other important things in your life. Saying NO hence plays a very crucial role in prioritizing your time. You can have a fixed schedule to do things you want to do with keen interest and can avoid the things that put pressure on your mind or challenge you, as one simply does not have time or energy to do everything which you would like to do.
3. Builds confidence in personal, professional and social life - Another importance that saying NO to things can bring in your life is that it builds confidence in your personal life, relations with people closer to you along with your professional and social life as well. A good amount of confidence can take you to success and help you to come up with flying numbers in any field.
4. Increases the importance of self-worth - when you make the decision to say no to something, that thing makes you realize your importance, self-worth and your right that you can use whenever you want. By this, you can earn a good respectable image in other’s eyes. The person in front of you can then have to give the respect that you deserve and also learn things from you that how you say no to things bravely. The importance of saying NO can easily be forgotten in the midst of all this but if you don’t say-No more often, you end up with too much on your plate.
5. Saying NO makes time for opportunities - The idea of always saying yes is intended for opportunities but too many people do not know their goals and objectives in life so; they do not have the ability to determine what an opportunity is and what is just a waste of time or a distraction. As a result, they end up filling their schedule with things that don’t really matter and experience less time for the things they really love and enjoy, i.e. the opportunities in life. As we have explained in the second point that prioritizes your things can help you make time for other important things and can make you available for other beneficiaries and relevant opportunities. Saying NO will lesser the way how you waste time on unwanted things and thus makes you more focused on the work which suits your taste.
6. Low disappointment, anger and frustration over things - When you say things clearly without any fear to people with whom you don’t want to do work or accept any agreement or to execute an action, then it lowers the amount of disappointment in your inner heart, mind and soul and reduces anger and the whole frustration you are having related to that topic and gives you the freedom to live freely and tackles the situation you are going through with efficiently and effectively. Therefore one must learn how to say NO if they have to survive independently in society.
Now we have some easy ways by which one can easily say NO to anyone and this is for those who want to learn to say no.