Self-care refers to the practice of taking care of one’s own health. It is the process performed by an individual themselves in order to maintain social, mental, physical, emotional well-being and to reduce anger, depression, Tensions, etc. It helps us to achieve our desired goal and brings good fortune and luck in life. Self-care also helps in improving the relationship with oneself and others. For example: If a person is tired of his daily schedule and he unable to get time for himself and his family, at one point in time he will have the feeling of being Frustrated with his life and work so now what he should do ?? wondering? well if he practices some self-care activities then he will be able to relax his mind and body and the level of frustration will remove. There are like Thousand of self-care activities which exist such as Meditation, Exercise, Yoga, Healthy Eating, Time Management, Stress level Activities, Watching Movies or Listening to music, Getting involved in own hobbies, etc. These Activities not only helps in relaxing the mind and body but also improves a person’s physical, social, mental and emotional structure.
Benefits of Self Care: There are Namely 5 Benefits of Self Care
- Healthy Relationships with oneself and others: Healthy relationships are a very important part of life. Self-care practice helps in maintaining these relationships for instance: if a person devotes time for his family and friends His Relationships become stronger day by day.
- Positivity: As one good quote says positive mind leads to positive life and we all dream of this life only right! If one stays positive throughout his life he will be able to achieve his desired goal. Positivity enhances a person’s life effectively.
- Productivity and Motivation: It becomes very important to take out time for ourselves from our daily busy schedule and involve in some productive activities. This will not only relax our mind and body but at the same time provide Inner satisfaction and Self Esteem. Motivation is a word that drives you to achieve your purpose. self-care practices help in achieving those goals.
- Higher Engagement Levels: Self-care activities help in getting connected with the world around us and reaching a large number of audiences. We tend to make many new good friends with whom we can share our emotions, feelings, and happiness.
- Fight Fatigue and illness: Illness causes many problems for people and affects one’s life effectively. In order to cure illness these self-care practices play a very important role in our life. Self-care activities not only fight fatigue and illness but also relax a person’s mind and body.
Types of Self Care Practices
1.Emotional Self-care: Emotions are the feelings that every Individual has. It is the stage in which a person is in a state of happy, sad, angry mode. we should be able to control our emotions in a healthy way. The more strongly u will be able to manage your feelings the stronger you will become in life. One must need to become gentle and must have enough patience to handle and control what goes wrong and make it right.
2. Physical Self Care: Physical Self Care defines our physical abilities and power to deal with day to day circumstances of life. When a person is physically fit and strong he can perform a lot of activities. Physically fit Individual is free from all kinds of diseases. It is of utmost necessary to take care of mind and body by Daily Practising Physical Exercise, Healthy Eating, Meditation, and Yoga.
3.Social Self Care: Are you an introvert, extrovert or both or nothing? How you are as a person ? are you socially good to deal with each and every Individual? Do you enjoy the company of others ? or you enjoy your company? well these are some questions that come in our mind when we think of social self-care. Social self-care is not just socially connected with the people around the world but how you are connected with yourself, Your family, friends, and relatives. It is important to take out some time for the people who love us and whom we love it is rightly said happiness doubles when we are connected with the people around us who give us positive vibes.
4. Spiritual Self Care: Are you a spiritual person? Do you have Faith in God? Do you go to the temple or any spiritual place to worship God? well these are some questions that come in every person’s mind when we think of Spiritual Self Care. It is not only getting connected with the supreme power but having and showing deep love and faith in God. Worshiping the almighty provide us peace and serenity.
5. Mental Self Care: Mind is a place where we store everything but at the same time we forget that it often gets distracted due to a lot of things that take place in our life. We tend to do a lot of physical exercises to stay fit and Healthy but this only provides relaxation to our body, not our mind. Mental Self-care is associated with how much you take care of your mental health. Mind can only get relax by doing meditation, Yoga, watching soft and motivational Movies and listening to peaceful music.
6. Practical Self Care: Practical Self Care is associated with our Practical Life. We must involve ourselves in practical activities like buying food from outside, grocery or any activity which gives us the feeling of happiness and pleasure.