Right off the bat, I think we can establish that communication is a vital part of any relationship. Any person who’s adept at successfully developing as well as maintaining deep and insightful relationships will agree that communication plays a decisive role in establishing intimate bonds with someone, in addition to simply learning new facts about them. Remember, being friends and sharing a meaningful friendship with your significant other is first and foremost amongst your priorities.
Whether it be to break the ice (or rather dispel the polite awkwardness) of a first date or just basic banter while hanging out with your significant other whom you’ve been with for a couple of years, maybe their responses might help you rediscover who they are. Or maybe, these questions will help you learn (or recollect) some interesting facts and preferences that your significant other has.
Remember, not all couples are the same. Some might be light-hearted, while others maintain a more serious decorum. So look through the variety of questions below, and choose the ones you think would suit you.
Getting to know them- Conversation starter fun questions for couples
These have to be a little more different than what you’d normally use to break the silence. After all, you already know much more about them than the average person. Hence, randomly asking ‘So, how are you?’ doesn’t really make much sense besides intensifying the awkwardness.
- If you were granted 3 wishes by a genie, what would they be? (And no, asking for more wishes doesn’t count )
- Is there any decision you’ve made in the past that you wish could go back and change?
- If teleportation was real and you could go anywhere in the galaxy, tell me one place you wish you could teleport to instantly.
- What is something in your everyday routine that you look forward to?
- If you were confined to your room for some reason, what things would you want to have with you for that time?
- What was the latest funny video or meme you saw?
- How often do you stay up late? Do you indulge in snacking while doing so?
- If you had to go the rest of your life eating only 4 choices of food, which would they be?
- If you could get a tattoo, what would it be and why? Also, where would you put it? If you already do, what does it symbolize?
- Which is you could be any animal in the world, which would you be and why?
- What would you title your autobiography if you wrote one?
- If you were in a situation where you were getting late for something urgent, and you saw someone in dire trouble, let’s say a child lost at the airport with your flight about to board, would you stop and help?
- What’s the most impulsive thing you’ve ever done till date?
- Is there any animal or insect that you wish the world was eradicated? Like for example, what if all spider species went extinct with no effect on the current ecosystem.
- What’s something that you made a decision to do that everyone said wouldn’t work out or you wouldn’t succeed at doing, that you later proved them wrong at?
- Standard, but if you were given an amount of money that’s not too small nor too large, let’s say a thousand dollars, what would you do with it?
Would you Rather-/ Have you ever-? Questions for Couples
Find out what they’ve done or not!
- Would you rather be a superhero or a villain? Which of the already created existing ones would you like to be?
- What would your superpowers/strengths include? (With reference to the above)
- Would you rather be a popular and loved social influencer (like an actor, activist or musician), or be an unknown millionaire.
- Would you rather be put through some induced physical pain for a little while daily but have an exciting day, or would you forgo the pain but in return have a monotonous day?
- Would you rather wear all dark colors for the rest of your life or pastels?
- Would you rather be allowed to only eat food at a restaurant for the rest of your life, or only drinks?
- You get 2 million dollars, but your nemesis gets 10 million in return. Do you take the money?
- If someone came over to your house with a gift, would you rather it be flowers or some snacks of some kind?
- Have you ever gotten into a situation where you’ve nearly died?
- Would you rather do solo traveling or have a nice family vacay?
- Have you ever been lost as a child and thought that you were never going to see your family again?
- If you were ever in a situation where you have to save either a friend’s child or another friend, who would you choose?
- Have you ever been secretly obsessed with someone(a crush, celebrity) that you did some crazy things that were not typical of your normal behavior?
- Have you ever had to lie about something big and keep it a secret from your family, but in looking back now you wish you’d have just told them the truth?
Questions about their Preferences
This section will help you learn more about their likes and dislikes if you didn’t already know them, as well as perhaps learn some new stuff.
- Do you like your family members on the maternal side of your family, or paternal?
- Which song or band have you been listening to most lately?
- What is one specific food choice that you have that not many people like?
- Name 7 of your favorite artists or bands. If you have to go for the rest of your life without ever listening to one, which one would you choose?
- Bath or Shower? Hot water or cold?
- Sneakers or Sandals? (do they indulge in the chaotic combination of sandals and socks?!)
- Deep-fried snacks or sweet desserts?
- Glasses or Contacts? (If they don’t wear glasses, ask them to imagine what they’d do if they did)
- Books? Or the move adaptations?
- Anime or mainstream animated movies?
- What's your favorite book?
- What's your favorite time of day and why?
- Ocean or Lake holiday?
- What is one job or task that you’ll never do, even for a large some of the money. What would get you to do it?
- What is your opinion would be an ideal day?
- Do you like large crowds or solitude? Why do you think you prefer such situations?
Getting specific Questions
Gain an insight into their minds and perspectives!
- If you’re at home, and all of a sudden there’s an earthquake. What do grab before leaving?
- Is there anything that particularly reminds you of me every time you see it?
- You’re babysitting this kid, and the kid keeps refusing to sleep because he believes there are monsters under his bed. How do you convince him to sleep?
- What’s some opinion you have that’s controversial? (Okay, pineapple on pizza isn’t that bad but if you pour milk in before your cereal, then we have a problem)
- But on a more serious note, what are views on- *insert anything of political or right-based nature* (pro-choice or not, immigration laws, etc.)
- What according to you are some absolute deal-breakers in a friendship?
- If you could draw comparisons between your friend group and any celebrity or YouTuber, who would be who and why?
- Think of the last 4 people that you’ve spoken to besides me, or had some form of interaction with in the last 24hrs. If you could tell each one of these people something without fearing any repercussions, what would it be?
- What’s the most unethical thing you do regularly?
- What would you consider as cheating in a relationship? (It’s interesting to see the different opinions that people have on this matter)
- What’s one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
- Do you believe in things happening for a reason?
- What are your top 5 happiest memories in your life? Why was that?
- While we’re on the topic of memories, what are your top 5 most embarrassing moments?
- What do you most like to do when you have alone time?
- What according to you, are your worst and best qualities?
Cute and Mushy Q and A
Let’s admit it, continuous displays of affection kind of ruin the whole vibe of the relationship as it contributes to a monotony. But being too distant towards each other is just as pointless. Does your partner know how much they mean to you? Do they think of you often?
This section will give you the opportunity to ask each other all these sweet little things and get their equally sweet responses which leave you with that ‘light-headed feel-good’ feeling.
- What was your first impression of me?
- What made you decide to talk to me (in the scenario that they approached you first), else
- When was the first time where you realized you felt some sort of attraction towards me?
- What would be your ideal romantic date? (If they name one that’s happened between both of you in the past, they’re a keeper)
- What’s your favorite of my personality traits?
- What according to you was the best moment in our relationship? (Extra points if they say ‘every one of them.’)
- What’s one place you’d want to take me on a vacation to? Why there?
- Do you mention me to your friends? If so, what do they think of me?
- What according to you are some of the most attractive traits a person can have?
- Would your family like me?( If you’ve already met their family you can ask whether they do)
- Which animal do you liken me to? What is it about that particular animal?
- Is there any person that I remind you of?
- Do you know what I like the most about you?
- What color suits me the best?
- What’s your favorite memory of the two of us?
- Where do you see us going as a couple? As in, do you see a future for us?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to ask me, but never have?
Deep introspective questions for Couples
By addressing these questions, the least that can happen is that you simply get to know the other person better. Best case scenario, you learn something new about them and their life goals.
Apart from that, sharing an in-depth glance into your persona renders you vulnerable in front of another, which in turn makes them more comfortable in sharing facts about themselves!
- Do I have any habits or personality traits that you wish you could change about me?
- Was there any time where I’ve done something unknowingly that affected you that you’ve kept quiet about?
- Are there any skills that your mom or dad possesses that you wish to learn from them?
- Is there anyone in your life with whom you wish you could interact more? What’s stopping you from that?
- What’s something that you’re secretly insecure about?
- What's one thing no one knows about you?
- What do you see yourself doing after retirement?
- Do you have any regrets? Would you change that?
- What are some goals you made as a child to achieve when you were an adult? Would you consider yourself successful in the completion of all or at least some of them?
- Have you ever done something that looking back now, was a big mistake?
- If (forbid) you had some health or accident situation which left you unconscious and on life support for an indefinite extended period of time, would you want to be kept on life support, or would euthanasia be you preferred option?
- Have you ever done something that had severe or serious consequences that you still would do again?
- What’s some misconception that you had as a child, only for you to grow up and find it completely untrue?
- What do you think happens after we die? Do you believe in the concept of an afterlife?
- What’s something mundane that occurred in your life at a young age that you feel had an impact on your current life till today?
- A simple reflection, but what was something that made you happy today?
- What would your perfect life look like?
- What’s the worst emotional or mental anguish you’ve endured?
- Do you think that by focussing on something, you somehow send out a positive frequency to the Universe which grants you that request?
- What’s something that worries you about your future?
- What’s something that you fear and why?
A final question
One concluding query to round off your whole interrogation session:
So, do you have any similar questions for me? (classic, I know haha)
More Game and Questions: