Have you ever felt that this particular situation of your or this particular episode of incidents have already been happened early before in your life, even though it was your first ever time? If this has happened to you then you have undergone a phenomenon what researchers and scientists still could not fully identify called as “Déjà vu which is French word meaning ‘already seen’. According to a survey about two-thirds of the individuals of the world has experienced Déjà vu in their lifetime. Someone cannot be called up, laid over for MRI scans and studied for Déjà vu as it is sudden causation; still, studies prove that there are certain concepts that are in swings of neuroscience and psychology. There are two types of Déjà vu that are said to occur- one being the normal psychological one which occurs for the healthy individual and the second one which is said to pronounce in pathological people who had an epileptic seizure period. Thus, the scientific and clinical approaches abolish the views for explanation of déjà vu as a process of "precognition" or "prophecy", but rather state it as some anomaly of recall memory, which then produces the feelings of the distinct impression of "being recalled".
When Déjà vu becomes a problem for people
As said earlier, Déjà vu when said to seen overtly more frequently in number then it may denote some serious mental issues in that person. Déjà vu can actually be viewed as problematic when seen in the following three ways to take place;
- When Déjà vu is said to occur in about few times in the same month rather than a healthy number of times per whole year.
- When Déjà vu is accompanied along with a negative or a bad form of a dream and with obscene or disturbing visual scenes by the individual.
- When Déjà vu is said to occur along with any physiological body functioning like fast heart pacing, sweating, etc. or by some psychological unconscious overt behaviors like chewing nothing, extreme levels of fear or feelings of anxiety.
When the experiences of Déjà vu is said to be abnormal in nature or when the exact causation is not known or even when there are doubts arising from your phenomena then it is strongly recommended to consult a neurologist or psychologist.
Few Significant associated forms of Déjà vu
- Déjà pensé - already thought
- Déjà raconté - already recounted
- Déjà lu - already read
- Déjà voulu - already desired
- Déjà entendu - already heard
- Déjà rêvé - already dreamt
- Déjà visité - already visited
- Déjà dit - already said/spoken
- Déjà éprouvé - already experienced
- Déjà fait - already done
- Déjà senti - already felt, smelt
- Déjà arrivé - already happened